Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome Classroom 6 Vikings!

I am excited to get to know each and every one of you and to help you learn math this year, and maybe even forge relationships that will continue for years to come. As your teacher I am available to help you learn Algebra, pass the CAHSEE and do well on the star test. I am also part of the team of people who want to help you grow into an young adult who knows they can do anything they put their heart, mind, soul and strength to doing.

Please make it a daily habit to look at this blog- I plan to give you information on the lessons we will be doing in the coming days.  By coming to the blog you will pre-learn what we will do in class so that you will be better able to learn.  You will also be able to leave me a comment so that I can know in advance what questions you have about the subject and can be ready with answers for you.

This blog is a part of a COMMUNITY OF RESPECT- please, keep the comments respectful (what you would want to hear about you and how you would want to hear it) and on topic.  You can ask each other questions and respond to each other.  Use this as a tool to get to know each other!

The first activity I would like you to complete is to answer the following questions about yourself and type them into the 'Comments'.

                 1.  Your name, class period, grade in school
                 2.  What do you like to do in your spare time?
                 3.  Describe your favorite teacher or class (from your past)
                 4.  Are you in a club, on a team, or any extra-curricular activity (even off campus)?
                      Tell me about it.
                 5.  How do you learn best- Independently with a textbook; Computer Video; Teacher
                      teaches in front of class to whole class; Hands on Activities and Projects; small group
                      with other students; peer teacher; combination of any of the above; YOUR IDEAS
                 6.  Have you thought about what you want to do when you finish high school?
                      If yes, tell me about it
                      If no, What things do you like to do now or what things are you good at doing?

That is all for now.  You will see my answers in 'Comments'. 

Ms. Shaughn

1 comment:

  1. 1. Your name, class period, grade in school:
    Shaughn Lybrand- Teacher

    2. What do you like to do in your spare time?
    Hang with my sons, go to the beach, read

    3. Describe your favorite teacher or class-
    High School Track coach-she took a
    personal interest in me.


    4. Are you in a club, on a team, or any extra-curricular activity (even off campus)? Tell me about it.
    I attend church and I lead kids worship

    5. How do you learn best-
    Teacher teaches in front of class to
    whole class and hands on activities

    6. Have you thought about what you want to do when you finish high school?
    I want to work with students and families
    who are the most disadvantaged to help
    them know that they CAN do what they want
    to do in life.

    Ms. Shaughn

    ReplyDelete